Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sewing Project: Boy's Scarf with Monogram

I was feeling fiesty and made this without a pattern.  It isn't perfect, but it is warm and my son loves it!  It is just a long rectangle afterall.  I'm not going to bother detailing how I made it.


He wanted something since his sister was getting all my castoff mistakes...

Green is his favorite color.  You might recognize that strip of yellow from the ottomon covers. The end of the scarf tucks in behind it. The leaf fabric is from Joann's where one of the staff members clearly disapproved of my choice in fabric and said, twice, "Wow.  That is busy."  I just laughed at her and said, "I'm not afraid of pattern."  Given her fresh ensemble of khakis, nurse shoes and polo shirt I wasn't going to give her fashion opinions too much weight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcoming Projects: Not Yet Blogged

a rundown of what I've been up to: DIY wedding dress, "Back to School Night" decor, Flower Arranging for the Incomptent, more jam labels, a dog bed solution, paper embroidery, flying pig needlework, attempting to scrapbook, make your own board game kit, Link from Zelda costume, organinzing for homework, and how to build an afterschooling program!

how to declutter after a death... and how not to do it

what do you do with all your fat clothes? Make doll clothes!