I made my own pattern, based loosely on the one I'd just used. To make the pattern I took a piece of standard size construction paper, folded it in half and sketched the outline of half a bunny (like you probably did as a kid making paper hearts). I then sketched around it about an inch for cutting line, using the original sketched line as the sewing line. I cut it out on the fold and presto!
Meet FERNANDO the BUNNY!
|Yes. He is pink. And named Fernando. Don't hate!|
|Evidence of his many fixed holes and an escaped pinto. Poor Fernando!|
-again, cut the corners. I turned him wrong side out a couple of times and "graded the seams" although I had no idea that's what I was doing at the time, in order for his arms and legs to have better definition by trimming away the extra material along the stitches.
-without the right fabrics, don't even bother, it'll be more hassle then it is worth.
-don't sew when you are tired. My hands were sore from hand sewing the kitty bat and it showed here. My stitch length was way wider and I'm sure that's part of the reason for all the seam weakness and lost beans.
-cost was $0 and about 3-4 hours. Materials were all recycled.
Verdict: Fernando the Bunny might be renamed Fernando the Learning Experience. Not pleased with how he turned out in the end, but hey, he was only the second thing I'd ever sewn like this and he is kind of cute in a Frankenstein kind of way... my daughter loved him even if she didn't get to play with him much.